Taipei, January 4, 2017: After a successful transformation in 2016, the organizers of COMPUTEX,TAITRA (Taiwan External Trade Development Council) and TCA, are looking to top last year’s overwhelming achievement of 1,602 exhibitors, 5,000 booths and 40,969 international visitors came from 178 countries. InnoVEX at COMPUTEX, held for the first time in 2016, debuted with 217 startups from 22 countries, turning out to be the biggest startup gathering event in Asia.
Re-Position with New Themes
COMPTUEX 2017 is set to open from May 30th to June 3rd, 2017 re-positioning to Building Global Technology Ecosystems with new themes on AI & Robotics, Innovation & Startups, Business Solutions, IoT Applications, and Gaming & VR.
The result of an effective transformation last year brings more buyers and opportunities for COMPUTEX exhibitors and participation from industry leaders such as Intel, Microsoft, Dell, Nvidia, and Supermicro from the USA. Socionext from Japan, ARM from UK, Micronics from South Korea, Hisense from China and Acer, Asus, Adata, Asrock, BenQ, Clevo, Cooler Master, Gigabyte, G. Skill, ELITEGROUP, In Win, MSI, Thermaltake, MediaTek, Delta, Realtek Semiconductor Corp. and more.
Meanwhile, TAITRA, the organizer of COMPUTEX , expects more global startups will join InnoVEX , one of the featured exhibiting areas at COMPUTEX. This year, InnoVEX will host the Pavilions of France, Korea, Denmark and more pavilions are on the way , as well as well known startup bootcamps , accelerators, and global pitch award winners.
New Exhibits are the highlights at COMPUTEX 2017. Four new exhibits are to compliment the new position and themes for COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2017. New exhibit, InnoVEX, is exclusively for innovative startups only. SmarTEX is the stage for the latest IoT applications. iStyle, is a special showcase for Apple MFi-certified peripherals. And Gaming & VR is the ultimate gaming platform for the coolest high-performance gaming products.
COMPUTEX d&i awards
The COMPUTEX d&i Awards, organized by Taiwan External Trade and Development Council (TAITRA) and iF, The International Forum Design, is entering the 10th anniversary. These awards honor products with excellent design as well as technical innovation.
COMPUTEX d&i Awards 2017 adds new award categories such as "Robots and Artificial Intelligence", "Internet of things" and "AR/VR Devices + Content" to encourage integration of innovative applications and upgrade industrial technology development. The winning products will be displayed at COMPUTEX throughout the show and then go on the world tour for more international exposure. Leads generated during the show provide even more business opportunities for these winners, indicating substantial benefits of the awards. COMPUTEX d&i Awards demonstrates as the significant international stage to showcase the latest innovative capabilities with designs for all the global ICT companies and startups.
Core Events: Keynotes, Startup Pitches & Demos, B2B Meetings & Networking and more…
In addition to product showcase, COMPUTEX 2017 will also open with multiple activities, including international press conferences, opening ceremony, forums and seminars, startup pitches and demos, COMPUTEX d&i awards, B-to-B procurement meetings and more. Some of the important events include:
1. COMPUTEX will heat up with International Press Conference on May 29th, 2017. World media will preview the winners of 2017 COMPUTEX d&i awards as well as get the most updated show info.
2. A variety of Keynote & forums include CPX Conference which focus on industrial insights & future trends; InnoVEX forums for startups, series of COMPUTEX TAIPEI forums, Intel E-21 forum, Microsoft forum and more.
3. InnoVEX exhibits, to take place at TWTC Hall 3, will also offer several forums/seminars, pitches and demos in the same hall. Visitors can expect non-stop action for 3 days and VCs, crowdfunders, accelerators, and industrial representatives will be able to meet and network with the future ICT stars.
4. TAITRA organizes over a thousand COMPUTEX B2B procurement meetings and sourcing Taiwan for government procurement where invited buyers and government agencies from every corner of the world attend for their business needs.
5. More than 100 new product announcements by exhibitors throughout the show period.
1. COMPUTEX offers convenient and efficient registration channels:
l online registration starts March, 2017 on the official website: www.computextaipei.com.tw
l airport service counters are set up inside the airports where international visitors may register, get info, or pick up badges
l on-site registration counters are also located in the exhibition halls for quick registration and badge pickup.
2. COMPUTEX visitors get NXP sponsored admission badges with easy hall access and discounts to contracted restaurants and shops in Taiwan. International visitors and media are offered an exceptional benefit of FREE unlimited ride on the Taipei Metro for all 5 show days.
3. In addition to riding the Taipei Metro, FREE COMPUTEX shuttles from and to the airports are available as well as free inter-hall shuttles and hotel shuttles.
COMPUTEX is the total solution to meet the needs of all ICT professionals and more. It builds strategic alliances & ecosystem partners for ICT companies and bridges global startups with investors and manufacturers! Visit the most significant ICT/IoT & startup trade show in Asia from May 30th to June 3rd, 2017. InnoVEX runs for 3 days, from May 30th to June 1st, 2017. For more info on COMPUTEX, check out the official website: www.ComputexTaipei.com.tw.
TAITRA, Taiwan External Trade and Development Council, organized 36 exhibitions in 2015. A total of 11,475 international and local exhibitors participated, occupying 32,982 booth spaces and visited by 82,939 international visitors.
About COMPUTEX TAIPEI (also called COMPUTEX):
Established in 1981, COMPUTEX is the leading global ICT show with a complete supply chain and IoT ecosystems. Co-organized by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) and the Taipei Computer Association (TCA), COMPUTEX, in the heart of Taiwan’s ICT cluster, covers the whole spectrum of ICT from upstream components-manufacturing all the way to system assembly and IoT applications. With over a third of the world’s computing devices made by Taiwanese companies, Taiwan is a strategic destination to look for partners in IoT & Startups ecosystems.
Press Contact: Belinda Chen